Boni & Sidonie: Brand of Children's Shoes
Boni & Sidonie is a French brand of children's shoes, made in Europe, mainly in Spain. We favor quality, comfort and classic style. You will find on our site a wide choice of children's and baby's shoes, made by craftsmen with respect for your children's feet...
Find the pair for your child!
Size, how to measure your foot:
A young child's foot grows 2 to 3 sizes per year and, from the age of 5, 1 to 2 sizes per year. Furthermore, since a child's skeleton is still flexible, he feels little or no pain if his shoes become too small. This is why you have to be vigilant and regularly examine the pair of shoes he wears. A child's foot should be supported but not too tightly squeezed by their shoes. To be sure that this is the right size for your child, you must be able to fit a finger between your child's heel and the shoe. This vacuum takes into account the growth and the pushing movement (when walking it is the forward movement of the foot in flexion in contact with the ground).
Watch our explanatory video to measure your child's foot!
Foot length in shoe:
To find the length of the feet in relation to the shoe, you can measure the inside sole of the shoe or take a tape measure and measure directly inside the shoe. The foot must be 6 mm or 1/5 inch shorter than the shoe.
Are the shoes the right size?
Ask your child to put his foot as far forward as possible, with your hand, press the top of his foot so that his foot is flat. Then run a finger on the back of the shoe, it should be 6 mm.
Tips for measuring your child's shoe size:
- Take sizes at the end of the day, when feet are wider.
- Put on the socks your child will wear with the new shoes when you measure the shoe size.
- Measure both feet and take the size of the larger foot.
- Measure your child's feet standing, the result will be even better.
- You can take measurements in inches or centimeters. To convert inches to centimeters, multiply inches by 2.54.
How to measure your shoe size:
- Lay a sheet of paper on a flat, rigid surface, along a wall.
- Ask your child to come and stand on the sheet, heel against the wall.
- With a pen, draw a line at the tip of the longest toe on the sheet. Keep the pen straight if possible when outlining making sure it keeps contact with the feet at all times.
- With a ruler, measure the distance from the edge of the sheet to your line to determine the length and width of the foot.
The result will be the length of the foot and you will use this number to determine your child's shoe size.
Note: if you are between 2 measurements, it is recommended to take the larger size.
Ex: A child with a foot of 24.8 cm wears between 38.5 and 39, it is therefore advisable to take the 39.
Determine the shoe size:
Using the button below, you can precisely determine your child's shoe size